Friday, August 30, 2013

Jake to Shawl...the result


The shawl is finally finished! It's hard to believe it actually went from this...

...to this! (Obligatory cat shot.)

I ended up with three shades of grey, and white and black. 

Starting with the black and working 2 rows of each colour I made a frankenshawl of two different patterns. I began by using the lace edging from Annis (Knitty pattern) sans nupps (working yo, k2tog instead) and then changed to a modified version of the Alma Ella Shawl (Ravelry link). But it worked well, and looks more interesting than just the Annis pattern.


 It's a great feeling to have made something so lovely from our own sheep!!

 I would've liked to use more grey - I don't usually wear white - but I wanted to keep this a single-origin-sheep garment.

The next things to be spun will probably end up being from different sheep.


 But for now I'm enjoying this one! Thanks Jake!!!




3 comments:

Felicity Ford said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! You must be so pleased with how it turned out, and how lovely to have had a hand in each stage of the process. Gorgeous.

Old Magnolia Tree said...

Delighted to see you on blog land again. Love this shawl Caro. It's really beautiful. Wouldn't expect anything less with your talent.
Rosie xx

Christine Raab-Heine said...

This is beautiful. You know I know what love and work went into this.