Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snowed in...

Day three...not quite at stir-crazy stage yet...the last of the fresh veg is gone...the fruit ration has three satsumas left...beetroot soup made...beetroot cake made (actually a great recipe and particularly good with orange blossom icing)...many bean based meals already eaten....many bean based meals to come...much defrosting of gas done...much defrosting of ducks done...

That's the road below...
'nuff said.

'Tis beautiful of course too. But also bonkers - after last year's month-long cold snap it seems strangely normal to be snowed in. There's enough food to last me several months, as long as I'm happy to live on bread, prunes and legumes, the water is finally drinkable and I've got the cats to talk to ("Oh no" says you, "the solitude is getting to her, she's talking to the cats!" "No, no" says I, "sure I was always talking to the cats.")

Anyway, I thought I'd put some pictures up, seeing as I've no excuse now for not updating the blog! I hope you are all warm and cosy somewhere.

SENDHELP
SOON!!!

5 comments:

Maeve said...

YEssssSSSSSSSSS! Brilliant post! Send...help....SOOoOON! Haha!

Meanwhile, back in my house, we've run out of all non-can based provisions, milk and oil! Our only blessing is that we have all the heaters cranked up to mad max and we cleared the shelves of the local shop of all their biscuits.

Should shore us up for some more cracking cabin fever goodtimes.

Soldier on.x

Snag Breac said...

Oh dear, I hope you don't mean heating oil...
Glad to hear the biscuit supply is well.
I had the foresight to buy a fruit and nut and a bounty from the meagre selection in my local shop last thursday, which I eked out 'til last night. Now the giant tin of christmas roses is calling....so far I've resisted.
..need...chocolate....sooon...
may even get it posted up, if the postman can make it up the hill again.

ColorSlut said...

I so wish we would get any snow. Seems like forever since we have gotten any!:(

Snag Breac said...

You can have ours. I'll post it over.

Stefanie said...

Caro! it's Stef! I loved your gorgeous blog today. The pictures of the needle-needle snow and the cake are marvelous. Jenny told me about the brownies and Ed the other day. Tricked! I can't wait to see you soon!

love,

S