Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Bomb is up

It took a while, but I finally got my bomb pattern up for sale on Ravelry or from here via Paypal. Here it is in all its glory. Just to be clear, that's KNITTED bomb I mean of course...

Its the classic cartoon bomb, two sticks of dynamite, timer......and detonators.Its up for sale for 3.50 Euro, and 10% of the sale price goes to MAG - Mines Advisory Group, whose work includes clearing landmines.

You can buy it here via PayPal.
And here is the link to the pattern page on Ravelry - more info or you can buy it from here.
You can also buy it from my Etsy store here.

Its a fairly easy knit, done mostly in the round, with simple increases and decreases and some I-cord for the detonators. The pattern could easily be converted for making up on two needles. I used some Tivoli double knit yarn, but as gauge isn't important it could be made with any yarn lurking in the large stash any self-respecting knitter has hidden away for emergencies, along with some stuffing.It took a big of figuring out to get a nice flat face on the timer and in the end I used mathematical formulae. But I was left with some practice timers, one of which converted nicely into an oversized comedy watch...yes, it is totally ridiculous, just like the bomb!

10 comments:

ColorSlut said...

I've added it to my queue ... I can't wait to make it. FANTASTIC!

Snag Breac said...

Thanks a lot!
Just checked you blog, sure with a name like that you have to knit it! Looks great.
Cheers!

Maeve said...

Ha ha! Half seven! What a lovely time to detonate a bomb. Sure who wouldn't want to get in a bit of dinner before TNT-ing things to pieces! Then again, it could easily be an early morning bomber. A round of toast and tea before total destruction! Brilliant stuff!

Snag Breac said...

Ah, sure we all love an auld explosion before breakfast! I am a morning person after all!

Christine Raab-Heine said...

Wow. This is an explosive blog post!

Snag Breac said...

bang bang!! Thanks C!

lusciousblopster said...

you da bomb missus C! looks brilliant and i love the comedy watch too.

Fink said...

That is so wonderful! I wonder what a knitted explosion would look like. hmm..

Snag Breac said...

Thanks all!
And for knitted explosions, see my friend Felix's knitted fireworks!

http://thedomesticsoundscape.com/wordpress/?p=248

lindsaymacvean said...

Hi I have just bought a bomb , but would love a watch ... do you have any for sale .. AmeliaCat